Readers of the World Unite - World Book - Free eBooks

On 23rd of April of every year, UNESCO celebrates World Book and Copyright day.
Readers and authors around the Globe unite and share the same passion: books and stories.

I've always wanted to be a writer, but I never dared to dream that I can be one.
When I turned 40, something broke inside me and suddenly I realised that I was running out of time and I had nothing in this life.
On my knees, I begged to find my purpose.
And there it was: Les Misérables by Victor Hugo. The first book I read when I was eight. The book that made me crave for inspiring, encouraging and moving people's hearts.

I don't know what's your reason for writing or reading.
Reading made me fly freely in a communist cage. I read every book I put my hands on. And they were so many. Luckily, my village had 2 libraries.
I still remember the emotion I felt when I went inside the library school for the first time. I was so shy, so timorous and so afraid that I wouldn't get what I wanted.

My educator asked us to read Gavroche and Cosette, a chapter from  Les Misérables. But the librarian was very reticent to lend me the whole book. I was only eight, it wasn't appropriate.
I cried and begged. She made me promise that I will only read the required chapter and nothing more.
I am a rule follower, I always have been and I will always be, so I promised. 5 minutes later, I broke my promise.
It was supposed to go like that. I just couldn't not read. I felt free... I cried and twisted in pain with the fragile Cosette. I wished I could help her. I wished to wipe off her tears. I hugged her in my dreams and I prayed for her... knowing she was just a character in a book.

That was when I decided that I want people to feel the same for my characters.
But I didn't dare to dream for real. I was just a farmer's daughter in a communist country.

I am an author now and today I was supposed to publish two new titles.
But life is full of surprises... I didn't manage to finish them. I have been working for so long. I haven't taken any free day... but writing a story is not enough to see it published.
The story needs editing, the book needs formatting, a cover, publicity.

Writing is the easiest part. The rest is a nightmare for every writer without an agent.

I am an indie author and I do it all by myself. Except the covers. But I need to learn to design my covers because I can't afford to pay for them anymore.

I invested everything I had and now... I am just waiting for a person to see my potential.

Today, 23rd of April, I want to make you, amazing reader, a gift. All my eBooks are free to download. 
The paperbacks have the minimum price possible.

Visit Amazon.com and choose your poison: romance, self-help, memoirs, inspirational and motivational.

And if you like them, why not leaving a review?



No comments