How to Write a Book Related Guest Post - 10 Steps - Tips & Tricks

I am an experienced blogger, however, when it came to writing a guest post about my book, I froze.
I had no idea where to start and what to write.
"How is this possible?" I asked myself. "I have been writing daily posts on my blogs for over 5 years. I know how to write. I am a writer! It makes absolutely no sense."
I felt horrible.

If I had this issue, I can't imagine how hard must be for you. Please, don't feel bad. It's expected behaviour. Not ideal, but expected.

You are a writer, yes, but talking about you, and your book, it's not like writing a novel.
It should be easy. But it's not.

What are the reasons that make us incapable of writing about ourselves and our work?
  1. Lack of self-esteem & self-confidence 
  2. Timidness
  3. Insecurity
  4. The fear of failure and/or rejection
  5. The fear of people's reaction 
And other personal reasons that only you know about.

What to do and where to start. 
  • Empty your mind and exclude the fear of rejection.

What people think or say about you (and/or your book) can't be controlled. People always say things they shouldn't. It's not up to you.
Keep in mind that: You can't please everyone.
There are always going to be people who will throw the dust into your eyes for no reason whatsoever. Your story might be the best story ever written and they would still mock it (and you). That's what people without a soul do. It's the purpose of their lives. Without mocking everything under the sun, they are not happy. 

Always remember that when someone treats you wrong, it's not about you, it's about them. So don't take it personally.
  • Cast away the timidness. 
You are alone with a piece of paper (aka the computer), and nobody can see you. Why are you shy?

Remember that you can't control what others think, act and say. The only one you can control is yourself. 
  • Write from the heart. 

Explain what this book (or story) means to you.
  1. Why have you written it? Was it a dream? An ambition? A test? 
  2. How long it took you to put it down? 
  3. Was it hard? 
  4. Did you need a lot of courage?
  5. Have you sacrificed something? E.g: "I put my whole life on hold. I didn't watch TV, go out, or saw any of my friends during this time."
  6. Is it inspired by true events? 
  7. How did you make you feel when you wrote it and after you published it? 
It doesn't have to follow any script. You don't really need to take inspiration from others. Write what you'd like to read about others and their work. 
  • Follow the Golden Rule. Don't insult, offend, or attack anyone & anything. 
  • Don't use trivial words & expressions. 
  • Don't be arrogant. You wrote a book, not saved the world. Don't disparage others' work. 
  • Ask the readers to give you a chance & show gratitude for their time. 
  • Keep it clear. Don't lose yourself in useless details. 
  • Write about your passions/hobbies, dreams, aspirations, fears, hopes, and happy thoughts. 
  • Be honest. Always. Have you taken inspiration from someone? Give credit to that person. You wouldn't like your work to be stolen, would you? 
"Do not do to others that which angers you when they do it to you." – Isocrates


If you are a bad person, you might want to abstain from writing anything whatsoever. 

Please do not contact me to help you promote your work in this case. 
This blog was launched to help authors who write for life. 
If your book is filled with hate, you might want to look elsewhere. 

Read the manifesto for real writers: Authors for Life or for a Living?


Image from Pixabay

Thank you so much for your visit. 

Have you read any of my stories and liked them?
A review would be highly appreciated. 

📚

If you haven't read my books and are interested in doing so (English+Romanina), feel free to click on this link. It will take you to an external page (Amazon). 

The e-books in Romanian, signed with Cristina Gherghel (no longer Cristina G.), can be found here (Google Play)

Were you looking for my author blog? 

Credit pictures
Some are from Pixabay, and some others from PNGtree

In case you are feeling generous and would like to help an author help others, click here. 
It will take you to PayPal. 
No amount is too little. 
I thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

2 comments

  1. Amazing tips! Love them so, so much. Very useful! I will definitely put them into practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very happy you find them useful Good luck!

    ReplyDelete